ATLANTA, Ga. – How do you define beauty? Creators of the documentary, Defining Beauty: Ms. Wheelchair America, are teaming up with the Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) at Syracuse University – Atlanta office to explore that question during Taste of Beauty Weekend, May 14 and 15. Proceeds will support the initiatives of BBI’s Atlanta office, including career coaching, job shadowing, and summer internships for people with disabilities.
Evidence supporting the link between savings and college success is growing. Three studies out of the Center for Social Development (CSD) at the Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis offer a connection between assets and college enrollment and completion.
A new study from the University of Iowa confirms that workers who feel empowered by their employers have higher morale and are more productive, regardless of their industry, job or even culture. "Empowerment is an effective approach for improving employee attitudes and work behaviors in a broad range of industries, occupations and geographic regions," said lead researcher Scott Seibert, professor of management and organizations in the Tippie College of Business.
Digital Divide: Civil Rights Groups Set Benchmarks to Correct "Vast Disparities in Access" to Broadband
Charles Evans, a very modest man, with tremendous people skills, was elected to the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners in November of 2010. His election is another step in a remarkable, unlikely journey.
Dollars for Denise Thirteen year old Denise Hale was diagnosed with Leukemia in February 2009. In June of that same year she received a Bone Marrow Transplant at the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The donor was her six year old little sister, Janaya. Denise had to stay in isolation for 3 months at the Chapel Hill hospital,which is 2 hours away from their hometown, Wilmington.
You can donate at www.dollarsfordenise.net via PayPal.
- Mercy Ships celebrates National Volunteer Week…California Style
- NASCAR Hall of Fame Introduces Spring Break From the Ordinary
- UNCW Launches Series of Public Forums with Panel Discussion on Federal Deficit April 18
- Women's Studies Graduates Learn About Pay Equity
- NCCU Student Success Symposium
- Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina Encourages Parents to Discover the Power of Play
- What Innovations Help Fight Poverty in Developing Countries?
- Tea Party Beliefs Far Beyond Mainstream Conservatism