Voter suppression is racist, fascist, un-American, un-democratic ideology and is the greatest threat to civil rights since the movement of the 1960’s. Unfortunately, the Republican Party, in an unholy alliance with (ALEC) the American Legislative Exchange Council, has its heart set on voter suppression and the disenfranchisement of Blacks, Hispanics, the elderly and students. Although, not all republicans hold all of these attitudes, most of those that don’t aid and abet disenfranchisement by supporting voter suppression laws with party line votes.
Do you have a story that deserves complete coverage from your newsroom? From now until October 12th, we’re looking for subjects and stories that ought to be covered from every angle—top to bottom, start to finish, end to end.
- SLCC Student Learns Valuable Legal Lessons in D.C. Intern Program
- Black Women's Agenda Launches Get Out The Vote Initiative
- A Voter’s Guide for the Election
- CCU Presents Mother-Daughter Leadership Workshops
- Two Fayetteville State University Student Teams Finalists in UNC Social Business Competition: One Team Wins 2nd Place