ATLANTA – Actor/writer/producer Tyler Perry has stepped forward to match an anonymous $14,000 donation that will save BE SOMEONE – a local struggling organization that helps at-risk youth by teaching them life skills through the game of chess.
ATLANTA – During the first national meeting of the newly formed Conference of National Black Churches (CNBC), bishops, pastors, and lay leaders began rolling out the strategic plans for improving the lives of African Americans and the underserved.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics just released the latest details on the American job market. The report mixed good news with bad – private-sector firms created 159,000 new jobs in October, but the unemployment rate remains persistently high, at 9.6 percent.
Woman/Minority Owned Architectural Firm Heads the Modern Wing Project at the Art Institute of Chicago
CHICAGO– Few architecture firms get the opportunity to work with renowned architect Renzo Piano on ground breaking design and construction of a world iconÑin this case the new Modern Wing at the Art Institute of Chicago, but that is exactly what Interactive Design, Inc. (IDEA) of Chicago did. What is more unusual, however, is that firm is helmed by Dina A. Griffin, a black womanÑin fact one of only 262 black women architects in the US.
- National Save the Family Now Movement: It's All About the Family
- New Report Finds Marriage Trouble in Middle America
- Asian American Men Face Discrimination in Job Market
- From Addict to Counselor - How Project Homeless Connect Helped Henry Belton Turn His Life Around
- Holiday Shopping Made Easier for Parents of Children with Special Needs