Digital Divide: Civil Rights Groups Set Benchmarks to Correct "Vast Disparities in Access" to Broadband
Charles Evans, a very modest man, with tremendous people skills, was elected to the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners in November of 2010. His election is another step in a remarkable, unlikely journey.
Dollars for Denise Thirteen year old Denise Hale was diagnosed with Leukemia in February 2009. In June of that same year she received a Bone Marrow Transplant at the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The donor was her six year old little sister, Janaya. Denise had to stay in isolation for 3 months at the Chapel Hill hospital,which is 2 hours away from their hometown, Wilmington.
You can donate at www.dollarsfordenise.net via PayPal.
Garden Valley, Texas – National Volunteer Week is extremely important to Mercy Ships, a global medical charity focused on health-related issues. Mercy Ships flagship, the Africa Mercy, is the world’s largest non-governmental hospital ship and is staffed with 450 crew members – who serve as paying volunteers.
- NASCAR Hall of Fame Introduces Spring Break From the Ordinary
- UNCW Launches Series of Public Forums with Panel Discussion on Federal Deficit April 18
- Women's Studies Graduates Learn About Pay Equity
- NCCU Student Success Symposium
- Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina Encourages Parents to Discover the Power of Play