Last spring Arizona’s state legislators enacted a controversial law to deter undocumented immigrants from crossing the state’s borders and punish those who have crossed the U.S. border. Thus far, however, the most significant result of the act, S.B. 1070, has been to deter other Americans from crossing the state’s borders and to punish the pocketbooks and coffers of Arizona workers and businesses.
Houston, TX - For the last five years, James Fortune & FIYA have electrified the gospel world like Kirk Franklin did over 15 years ago. Like him, Fortune is more of a storyteller than a singer.
ATLANTA – Actor/writer/producer Tyler Perry has stepped forward to match an anonymous $14,000 donation that will save BE SOMEONE – a local struggling organization that helps at-risk youth by teaching them life skills through the game of chess.
ATLANTA – During the first national meeting of the newly formed Conference of National Black Churches (CNBC), bishops, pastors, and lay leaders began rolling out the strategic plans for improving the lives of African Americans and the underserved.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics just released the latest details on the American job market. The report mixed good news with bad – private-sector firms created 159,000 new jobs in October, but the unemployment rate remains persistently high, at 9.6 percent.
- Woman/Minority Owned Architectural Firm Heads the Modern Wing Project at the Art Institute of Chicago
- National Save the Family Now Movement: It's All About the Family
- New Report Finds Marriage Trouble in Middle America
- Asian American Men Face Discrimination in Job Market
- From Addict to Counselor - How Project Homeless Connect Helped Henry Belton Turn His Life Around