After hearing Minister Louis Farrakhan roundly denounced by black and Jewish leaders in 1984, purportedly for describing Judaism as a gutter religion, I called Farrakhan before writing a story for the Chicago Tribune. Farrakhan denied he had ever described Judaism as a gutter religion and offered up his life to anyone who could prove he had made such a comment.
(NNPA) - A new report was released in June that sheds a sobering light on how many Black and Latino boys grow up in communities that are, in a number of ways, dangerous to their health.
WASHINGTON (NNPA) - On the heels of a major win after the NAACP's call for an end to the racist wing of the political Tea Party movement, the organization pushed forward this week with plans for a national march and rally in D.C. on October 2.
(NNPA) - The Justice Department has announced indictments for six New Orleans police officers in connection with a fatal shooting and subsequent cover-up in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
If there were any doubts about whether LeBron James should have migrated from the cold winters of Cleveland to sunny Miami, they were removed when Dan Gilbert, the Cavaliers’ majority owner, issued a scathing criticism of Cleveland’s “former hero” who demonstrated “cowardly betrayal” by deciding not to remain in Cleveland after becoming a free agent.
- Journey to Success: Mentors Coach Young Black Men
- United States vs Arizona: Federal government's preeminent authority over immigration
- Think Big: A business idea is a prerequisite for a successful business venture
- Wall Street Bill Passes House, Heads for Senate With Significant Black Inclusion
- Historically Black Medical Schools Outperforming Predominately White Counterparts