General intelligence alone is not enough: An employee with a higher level of emotional intelligence is more dedicated and satisfied at work. A new study shows that emotional intelligence plays an important role in coping with organizational politics.
I truly appreciate your Sept. 2 - 8 political cartoon depicting hate-mongering Glenn Beck’s absurd attempt to step into Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s shoes. This land was stolen from Native Americans, and developed with the stolen labor of Native Americans and Africans. First with litteral slavery; then, with the redefined slavery of “Jim Crow” laws until ...
Laura Bates walked into Wabash Valley Correctional Facility’s segregated housing unit and began knocking on inmate’s metal cell doors. “Hi. Would you like to read Shakespeare?” she asked. Those knocks led to a one-of-a-kind program.
Fostering community cooperation, building on skills and strengths, and getting strangers to work together -- these are fundamentals of community development. A pilot study of six migrant families living in a farm town, published in Southern Rural Sociology.
- In Parent-Teacher Conferences, It’s Often Not About the Student
- Bad Leadership Wrecks Companies, Despite What Leaders Wish
- Nonprofits a Surprising Bright Spot in National Jobs Picture
- Unemployment Among Black Women Surges National Women’s Law Center
- Boosting Diversity With Leadership Effort For Girls of Color