Cape Fear Regional Community Development Corporation
The purposes for which the corporation is organized are:
- To improve communications between minorities and low to moderate income citizens with the broader community at large;
- To enhance the economic welfare, educational and social levels of disadvantaged citizens throughout New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Duplin, Sampson, Bladen, Columbus, Robeson, and Onslow Counties, North Carolina;
- To promote public and private partnerships through neighborhood development and/or initiatives that enhance overall community development;
- To enhance opportunities available to residents and groups to own, manage and operate business enterprises to create jobs and provide job training in distressed areas and disadvantaged communities;
- To provide Home buyer education and expand opportunities available to residents and groups to obtain adequate low-cost housing accommodations. Through new construction and rehabilitation, we will provide decent, safe and sanitary housing.
- To provide financial literacy and debt solutions services to the public to improve financial stability and position;
- To do any and all lawful activities which may be necessary, useful or desirable for the furtherance, accomplishment, fostering, or attaining of the foregoing purposes, either directly or indirectly, and either alone or in conjunction or cooperation with others, whether such other be persons, organizations, of any kind or nature, such as corporations, firms, trusts, institutions, foundations, or governmental bureaus, departments or agencies.
910.762.7555 • fax 910.762.7565
511 CORNELIUS HARNETT DRIVE
WLMINGTON, NC 28401
The Cape Fear Regional Community Development Corporation (CDC) is a private, non-profit, community-based organization chartered for the purpose of improving the economic and social well being of low-income citizens throughout Southeastern North Carolina. The counties served include New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Columbus, Duplin, Onslow, Robeson, Bladen, and Sampson. The organization engages in economic development activities with an emphasis on Home Ownership, Small Businesses Development, Financial Literacy, as a means of creating new economic opportunities. The CDC has Certified Housing Counselors by the American Homeowners Education & Counseling Institute, and the North Carolina Association of Housing Counselors.
The CDC is located in the Hilton Industrial Park on US Highway 133 between N. 5th Avenue and Hilton Street. It is near the heart of downtown Wilmington, the airport and major arteries leading in and out of the City of Wilmington.
We currently are combining resources in order to further expand the growth of economic development in the region. CDC is also working with the North Carolina Association of CDC in the organization and growth of the Latino Community through the Hispanic Community Development Corporation.
- Stan Turner, Executive Director
- Maria Age, Certified Housing Counselor
- Leslie Sampson, Senior Administrative Assistant