The Process of Success
Every business across every industry has one thing in common: a business process. Understanding your business processes and the value they can bring to your organisation can mean the difference between providing a service and adding value that your clients can see. A business process can seem complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. A business process is made out of all the steps it takes to produce your goods or services. Discovering where you strengths and weaknesses are can provide your company with substantial savings and can empower your staff to take ownership of the products and services you provide.
Where Should I Start?
• Indentify your key business functions.
• Use a critical eye to evaluate how to meet the needs of these functions.
• Consider any available alternatives and then ask yourself why you aren’t using them.
What Should A Process Show?
• When the activity starts and stops.
• What staff members or department is responsible for each part of the process.
• Where and how your suppliers and vendors affect product or service delivery.
• All of the supervisor/manager contact points.
What Does an Efficient Process Look Like?
• Consolidated tasks.
• Staff empowered to make and enforce decisions.
• Tasks occurring in a natural and logical order.
• Minimal waste.
While this is not an exhaustive list, it is a starting point that will help you make the most of your business.