In Rochester, N.Y. 9% of young Black males graduate from high school, 20% in Detroit, 24% in Philadelphia, 28% in New York City, 39% in ...
Atlanta, GA – It has been 26 weeks since 26 innocent people died in the mass shooting in Newtown, CT, and the effects of this devastating trauma will be felt for many years by this community.
One in five Americans has a mental illness yet only about 4 in 10 of these people receive treatment. In rural America—where 20 percent of the country’s population lives—the challenges ...
Lupe Fiasco Ignites National Conversation on the “Terrible, Substandard Education” of Black Men in America
In Rochester, N.Y. 9% of young Black males graduate from high school, 20% in Detroit, 24% in Philadelphia, 28% in New York City, 39% in Chicago and 41% in Los Angeles, and about 50% of Black males in America finished high school with their graduating class in 2010, according to a 2012 report from the Schott Foundation for Public Education.
Dark Days Unfolding: Black and White Boys' Bodies at Dozier Reform School in Florida Soon to be Exhumed
- Ten Things You May Not Know About Michelle Obama
- Arizona Sued for Targeting Women of Color
- Book Challenges Stereotypes of Poor Fathers
- Beyond the Rhetoric: Why Black Business Programs aren’t Working
- Study Looks at Discrimination African-American Adolescents Face in Schools
- Aligning Values with Employer Can Lead to Promotion
- Spelman College Leadership Conference Challenges Women Of Color To Embrace Future Filled With Increased Financial Responsibility
- As Self-Publishing Explodes, Marketing Expert Offers 4 Tips for Authors
- Ossie Davis Endowment Scholarship Program to Grant Scholarship Awards of up to $6,800