WASHINGTON (NNPA) - It was in 1903, the birth of the 20th Century, when W.E.B. Du Bois wrote in his book, “The Souls of Black Folk” the statement that has become prophetic: “…for the problem of the Twentieth Century is the problem of the color-line.”
Millions of Americans will be job hunting in 2010, and for many of those who are currently unemployed, the search will mark the continuation of a long and unsuccessful journey. Andy Chan, vice president for career development at Wake Forest University, says job seekers often encounter three major roadblocks to success: poor marketing, poor networking, and poor mind-set. He offers 10 New Year’s Resolutions aimed at overcoming those obstacles.
A priest, a cowboy and a socialite opened a used bookstore and grossed more than half a million dollars the first year. "What?" you question. "How do these three even know each other. Never mind know each other well enough to go into business together."
The AIDS Institute, Nobel Prize Winner Join on World AIDS Day to Call for More Therapeutic Vaccine Funding
In honor of World AIDS Day, The AIDS Institute (TAI), one of the nation's leading advocacy organizations for support of people with HIV/AIDS and their providers, joined Nobel Laureate Dr. Francoise Barre-Sinoussi, in calling for government leaders, patient advocates and the research community to expand therapeutic HIV vaccine research.
WASHINGTON (NNPA) - The NAACP, the country’s oldest and largest civil rights organization, has announced that acclaimed film director Tyler Perry has donated one million dollars, marking the largest gift ever given by an individual artist.
Throwing the perfect holiday party for your closest friends means planning months ahead, sending out customized invitations, finding the perfect appetizer plates with matching serving platters and table décor and so on – or does it?
- Lack of Social Engagement Is a Risk Factor for Self-Neglect in Older Adults
- African-American Children Cope Well With Behavioral Risks
- Nonprofits at Risk in Partnerships with Corporations
- Center for the Digital Future Finds Significant Gaps in Internet Use Based on Age, Education, and Income
- Disability Etiquette Booklet: An Essential Resource for Disability Awareness
- National Latino AIDS Awareness Day
- Harlem Children’s Zone: Focusing on 100 Blocks and One Child at a Time
- Churches, Conferences Observing S.C. Boycott
- The Invisible Cost of Incarceration