Results from a new University of Washington survey show that tea party supporters drink a far different brew from other conservatives – a lot stronger and not name-brand stuff. In other words, tea party conservatives differ from other conservatives - a lot. Findings from the Multi-state Survey on Race and Politics at the UW amplify observations, voiced recently by mainstream conservative columnists such as Michael Medved and George Will, suggesting that the tea party is taking its philosophy in directions far more extreme than those of average conservatives.
ESSENCE & Sean "Diddy" Combs will salute GRAMMY¨-nominated artist and mega-talent Janelle Monae at the 2nd annual ESSENCE Black Women in Music event, an invitation-only, red-carpet event taking place during 2011 GRAMMY¨ Week. ÊHosted by ESSENCE.com Managing Editor Emil Wilbekin, Joy Bryant and Taraji P. Henson, Hollywood and the music industry will celebrate Janelle Monae on Wednesday, February 9 from 7-10PM, at Playhouse Hollywood. The evening will feature an exclusive performance by Monae, as well as special guest GRAMMY-nominated Big Boi of Outkast and music by DJ Rashida.
New York, NY -- The subject is hot that’s why the book is timely. It’s what the political conversation is among African Americans right now: But it had already been told in the book Dear Obama: Notes From The Hood.
- GDN North Carolina Endorsements
- Swimming Upstream, Not Waiting for Superman
- Commentary: Mainstream Media and Politicians Dare Not Challenge Conservative Talk Radio and TV
- The NAACPs Appalling Attack and Retraction on Shirley Sherrod
- LeGone – to Miami
- High Court Nominee’s Hearing Underway
- Arizona Immigration Law No Different than Repatriation of the '30s
- Our Jobless Recovery
- The Power and Force of Black Music Month
- Civic Education Leads to Political Empowerment