Health and Spirit
By Pastor Dale Haynes -- “But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the Lord. He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the Lord by sailing to Tarshish.” Jonah 1:3. Beloved, how often have we turned away when we were called by God to do a work we didn’t like? How often have we tried to escape that work by rationalizing and pushing it off on others?
By Reid Wilson, PhD and Lynn Lyons, LICSW -- Deerfield Beach, FL, - With anxiety at epidemic levels among our children, Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents (HCI Books -- $14.95 – ISBN: 9780757317260 – September 2013) offers a contrarian yet effective approach to help children and teens push through their fears, worries, and phobias to ultimately become more resilient, independent, and happy.
WASHINGTON -- Today, AARP announced a new effort focused in Hispanic communities to increase education and knowledge about the Affordable Care Act and to prepare families for the opening of health exchanges in the fall.
- Mega Church Pastor and Bestselling Author T.D. Jakes Receives Prestigious Award
- Health Disparities: A Function of Assets, Access and Attitudes
- Anxious? Activate Your Anterior Cingulate Cortex by Meditating
- Power of Prayer: Prayer Leads to Cooperation, Forgiveness in Relationships
- Black Woman's Wellness Guide Wins 2012 NAACP Image Award
- Loneliness, Like Chronic Stress, Taxes the Immune System