Health and Spirit
With a funky beat and catchy lyrics, a hip-hop public service announcement video created by University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) senior film student Anna Lloyd, 22, of Fairhope, is hitting the Internet with a message to kids: Eating healthy is cool.
In observance of Skin Cancer Awareness Month, experts at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center are encouraging women to be creative and use parasols to protect delicate skin from the sun.
Anyone who has gone to a doctor is familiar with the process of providing a medical history. However, until recently it has been difficult for physicians to share with each other their personal observations and intuitions that allow others to provide the same individualized care.
The recently passed healthcare legislation is a watershed moment for the industry and delivery of care to patients. As a result, old institutions and inefficiencies are being done away with in favor of technological advances that encourage high-touch care and patient empowerment. As occurs during industry turning points, opportunities for entrepreneurs are abundant. This year’s conference seeks to identify these opportunities by examining various areas of growth, including healthcare IT, venture capital funding and the use of new social media technologies in marketing healthcare products.
- Preventing AIDS Deaths in Blacks
- Accelerated Radiation Therapy Reduces Toxicity in Patients with Advanced Head and Neck Cancers
- Special Issue of Business Horizons Focuses on Healthcare and Life Sciences Issues
- Heartache to Heartbreak -- How to Recognize a Heart Attack, Or Avoid One All Together
- Diabetes Prevention: What You Need to Know
- Researchers Link Calorie Intake to Cell Lifespan, Cancer Development