Career And Education
Bosses who are in over their heads are more likely to bully subordinates. That's because feelings of inadequacy trigger them to lash out at those around them, according to new research from the University of California, Berkeley, and the University of Southern California.
National Urban Fellows, Country's Top Leadership Development Organization Seeks Leaders for a Changing America
NEW YORK -- As National Urban Fellows (NUF) makes plans to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of its first graduating class, it will launch a series of national recruitment campaigns for the 2011 fellowship class. The organization will host recruitment receptions in three major cities seeking applicants interested in the fully paid fellowship program that is designed to develop the leadership for a changing America.
The University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health has received a three-year, $3 million grant to prepare kids for careers in public health. The Health Careers Opportunity Program: Pathways to Health Professions, funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, will target disadvantaged students from elementary school through college for careers in the health professions. It is a part of the UIC Urban Health Program.
Illiteracy affects one in seven U.S. adults. And those 30 million adults are a big reason why 33 percent of fourth-graders are unable to read at grade level. In turn, the work force is ill-equipped to compete in a 21st century economy, and communities are at risk. The problem affects multiple generations, that’s why it needs a multi-generation solution – family literacy.
- Weight Discrimination in the Workplace: An Emerging Threat
- Study Finds HBCU Pours More Than $300 Million into New Orleans Economy
- Grace, Guts and Glory in America: Stories and Psalms of a Man Saved by Grace
- It Pays to Be Nice: Rudeness in the Workplace Comes with a Hefty Price Tag
- Beating Bullies: Seeking New Solutions to Youth Violence
- Supreme Court Decision Important to Employment Testing Profession