When I quit my job with the post office to start a building maintenance company that specialized in big public buildings, I knew I would have to be good. Better than the big companies that were already doing it. What I didn’t know almost killed my compnay: I needed bonding and working capital and was told it was impossible for me to get it because I was a new business and had no credit. But I found it. And I thought this information might be useful to other minority entrepreneurs.
Very high levels of unemployment are expected to remain high through the 4th quarter of 2012, a new EPI report finds. In No relief in 2012 from high unemployment for African Americans and Latinos, EPI Director of the Race, Ethnicity, and the Economy program Algernon Austin reviews unemployment rates by state for African Americans, Latinos and whites. He finds that the 25 states where African Americans are experiencing unemployment rates of 10% or higher will continue to do so through 2012, as will the 14 states where the Latino unemployment rate is 10% or higher.
- True story shows how adolescent overcame obstacles, overwhelming odds to live successful life
- Whitney Houston's Death May Be A Mystery For Weeks
- Whitney Houston Was Found in Hotel Bath, Coroner Confirms
- Five Ways to Advance Your Small Business Using Business Intelligence
- Positive Parenting During Early Childhood May Prevent Obesity