The recently published Race Justice: Judicial Atrocities Committed Against People of Color by Rogers Hicks is sobering reading for individuals from every ethnic and socio-economic background.
We deserve a country where our elected officials are not bought and paid for by big corporations. But the Citizens United vs. FEC Supreme Court decision, issued two years ago this week, overturned over a century of precedent and opened the floodgates for unlimited amounts of corporate money to flow into our political system.
RALEIGH - In 1848, Mary Walker fled slavery and the plantation that is now Historic Stagville in Durham, leaving behind her son and daughter. She spent 17 years trying to recover her family. Dr. Syd Nathans, professor emeritus with Duke University, tells of Walker's remarkable ordeal in the book "To Free A Family: The Journey of Mary Walker" at Historic Stagville on Sunday, Feb. 12, at 2 p.m., and at the N.C. Museum of History in Raleigh, on Monday, Feb. 13, at 11 a.m. The programs are free.
RALEIGH – Gov. Bev Perdue announced today that the North Carolina Department of Revenue is launching the Individual Income Tax Debt Payment Program to help individuals catch up on unpaid taxes. This time-limited program will help individuals resolve unpaid taxes and get back on their feet financially by waiving certain penalties and fees and offering payment plan options. Participating taxpayers can avoid forced collections such as garnishments, liens, and levies.
- Comedian, Author and Radio Personality Steve Harvey Congratulates School During Special Visit as Honorary Principal
- The African American Experience is the American Experience
- NAACP President and CEO to Join South Carolina NAACP for King Day at the Dome
- Project 21 Leadership Network Are Speaking About How Dr. King's Words and Actions Relate to Today
- INTERVIEW: Queen Latifah on New Film "Joyful Noise" With Dolly Parton