As a United Nations committee initiates an inquiry procedure into the alarming number of missing and murdered Native women across Canada, human rights groups are hoping that an on-the- ground investigation by the international body will finally help stem systematic violence against Native women.
A growing group of individuals and organizations has designated Saturday, February 4, as a “National Day of Action” aimed at preventing a war against Iran. The manifesto is simple: “No War, No Sanctions, No Intervention, No Assassinations.”
CAP Experts Available to Preview State of the Union Address and how Communities of Color will be affected
Washington, D.C. — Over the weekend, the Obama campaign previewed Tuesday’s State of the Union address as an opportunity for the president to lay out a blueprint to “build an economy that works for everyone, not just a wealthy few.”
The recently published Race Justice: Judicial Atrocities Committed Against People of Color by Rogers Hicks is sobering reading for individuals from every ethnic and socio-economic background.
We deserve a country where our elected officials are not bought and paid for by big corporations. But the Citizens United vs. FEC Supreme Court decision, issued two years ago this week, overturned over a century of precedent and opened the floodgates for unlimited amounts of corporate money to flow into our political system.
- Author to Speak on a Slave Escape from a Durham Plantation
- State to Help Taxpayers with Individual Income Debt Payment Program
- Comedian, Author and Radio Personality Steve Harvey Congratulates School During Special Visit as Honorary Principal
- The African American Experience is the American Experience
- NAACP President and CEO to Join South Carolina NAACP for King Day at the Dome