Minority Business News
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics just released the latest details on the American job market. The report mixed good news with bad – private-sector firms created 159,000 new jobs in October, but the unemployment rate remains persistently high, at 9.6 percent.
The Entrepreneur StoryBooth lets people share instant 20 second video stories about their entrepreneurial experience.
Contribute your video today at StoryBooth
WASHINGTON—John Boyd, a fourth generation farmer, wants it to be clear - his effort to secure Congressional funding for a discrimination settlement that black farmers reached with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is not the pursuit of “reparation.”
NCLR President and CEO Janet Murguía to address thousands at historic One Nation Working Together rally at the Lincoln Memorial on Saturday, October 2
Washington, DC—Exactly one month before Election Day, NCLR (National Council of La Raza), the largest national Latino civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States, will join leading human and civil rights organizations, labor unions, students, and religious groups to host a rally on the National Mall in Washington, DC for jobs, justice, and education.
NCDOT awards more than half a million dollars to Saint Augustine’s College to develop transportation curriculum
RALEIGH ––Transportation Secretary Gene Conti and Dr. Dianne Boardley Suber, president of Saint Augustine’s College have formed a partnership to create an innovative and unique training initiative at the historically black college. An agreement to develop this training program was signed today on campus.
(RALEIGH) - The North Carolina Department of Transportation’s Rail Division to spend $43.4 million for improvements to better accommodate passengers at nine train stations along the Southeast High Speed Rail (SEHSR) corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte.
- For Migrant Workers, Community Cooperation Builds on Individual Strengths
- Bad Leadership Wrecks Companies, Despite What Leaders Wish
- Addressing Alarming Increase In Wealth Gap Between Black and White Americans
- GDN Business Profile: Spiritually Inspired and Socially Innovative Housing Project
- Think Big: A business idea is a prerequisite for a successful business venture
- Cities with High Concentrations of Entrepreneurs Lure Colleagues by Providing Increased Speed and Profits