Career And Education
Fayetteville, NC -- Fayetteville State University (FSU) announced recently a $35,000 gift from the Tau Gamma Gamma Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. The chapter presented a check to FSU Chancellor James A. Anderson during halftime of the FSU versus Shaw University football game on October 12, 2013.
What makes literature good is its ability to stand the test of time, remaining relevant to future generations and a multitude of interpretations that allows each individual to find something of relevance to their own lives; it addresses a universal theme that reaches all human experience for all time. Literature bridges the gap between past and present human struggle in hopes of making sense of it all.
The following is an introduction by author Craig Steven Wilder to an excerpt from his new book Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery and the Troubled History of America's Universities: It is difficult to imagine college campuses as sites for exploring the lives of enslaved people in colonial America; however, early campuses were spaces in which faculty and students routinely interacted with slaves...
Denver, CO --(PR.com)-- The Language School, a World Languages School with locations throughout Colorado, has published Inglés: Fácil y Divertido Básico Nivel 1: Fundaciones, a beginners level textbook geared towards teaching English to native Spanish speakers.
By Dick Resch - Kids have just headed back to school. Unfortunately, many of them may be greeted by worn-out desks and broken chairs. More than three-quarters of U.S. schools are in need of repairs.
- National Book Festival Summer Writing Contest Winners Announced
- Author Gives New Insight to Parenting After 4 Years in Prison
- ‘Back to School’ Doesn’t Have to Be ‘Back to Broke’ with These Tips
- Black-White Children's Achievement Gap Is Worsened by Unresponsive State Policymakers
- ETS-CDF Symposium Focuses on Creating Opportunities for Black Male Teens to Succeed in High School
- Alpha Men to Mentor Local Youth During National Convention in Texas