Career And Education
It’s the beginning of a new year and that means it is time for high school seniors to begin completing college applications. Increasingly, whether they get admitted will have nothing to do with their grades, their SAT scores, or their overall aptitude for college. They may end up getting denied admission to the college of their choice because of a criminal record.
A new study by a University of Kansas sociologist shows that U.S. employers
fail to pay Asian American men as much as similarly qualified white men.
"The most striking result is that native-born Asian Americans -
USC Marshall School of Business Professor shows how to overcome the “I-Should-Have-Saids”
Newswise — Your boss says, “We don’t see you as having leadership potential,” or your colleague interrupts you AGAIN in the morning meeting. How are you to respond?
With exams just a few weeks away, time is ticking for students as they prepare for their finals. Reed Hilton-Eddy, a learning strategist at Ryerson University’s Learning Success Centre, offers these helpful strategies to help students manage exam anxiety and study effectively so they can pass their finals with flying colours:
University faculty and academic administrators must consider the differing needs of underrepresented minority graduate students to attract them into academic careers, according to a recent report sponsored by the California Community College Collaborative (C4) at the University of California (UC), Riverside.
An Interview is the best opportunity you will have to gather information and market yourself to a prospective employer. Invest a few minutes in reviewing these tips for a successful interview outcome.
You want more great teachers, the kind that demonstrably raise student achievement, the kind students remember years after finishing school?
- Black Males Missing From College Campuses
- Improving Community College Student Success
- Restorative Justice Invites a Fundamental Shift in the Way We Think About Justice
- A History of American Medical Apartheid Comes to NCCU
- U.S. District Court for NJ Grants NAACP Motion for Summary Judgment Against N. Hudson Fire & Rescue
- More Satisfied at Work with Higher Level of Emotional Intelligence
- In Parent-Teacher Conferences, It’s Often Not About the Student
- Nonprofits a Surprising Bright Spot in National Jobs Picture
- Essential Tips for College Campus Living