Health and Spirit
Newlywed Couple in California Launches National Effort To Find Bone Marrow Match and Register 1,000 African Americans
Jesuit Installed as President of the National Black Catholic Seminarians Association
This week, Cleveland native Lorenzo Herman, 39, currently studying to become a Jesuit priest, was installed as president of the National Black Catholic Seminarians Association (NBCSA). For the former Air Force in-flight refueling specialist, community activist and actor, it was just the latest in a series of diverse accomplishments. And a surprising twist for a boy raised Baptist.
Washington, DC -- Just half a year ago, Mona Aaron's personal "time bomb" was ticking. This Waldorf, Md.-based mother in the prime of her life weighed 212 pounds and wore a size 18. She also took five different medications to manage three life-threatening conditions -- diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Treating the symptoms of her medical conditions on a daily basis was a regular brutal reminder that Mona's life was at risk and that only a serious change in diet and lifestyle would change the course of her life.
- UNCW News: Center for Marine Science Research Shows Potential to Help Stroke and Brain Injury Victims
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- What are Foodborne Illnesses?
- GDN Music Feature:Byron Cage’s New And Ninth CD "Memoirs Of A Worshipper" In Stores Now!
- Psychology Plus Spiritual Growth Adds Unique Dimension to Self-Help Book
- NC BioNetwork/BioAg Joins Nourishing North Carolina to Provide Fresh Produce, Physical Activity for the Community