ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed Bids for construction of the East Clayton Industrial Area Water and Wastewater Improvements will be received by the Town of Clayton, NC (Owner) in the Conference Room located at the Clayton Operations Center, 653 Highway 42 West, Clayton, NC 27520 until 1:00 pm, local time, on Wednesday, March 28, 2018. Any Bids received after the specified time will not be considered.
Bids will then be publicly opened and read aloud.
The Project contemplated consists of the following major Work items:
Water and wastewater linear infrastructure improvements to include:
- Approximately 900 linear feet (LF) of 12-inch polyvinyl chloride (PVC) gravity wastewater line,
- Approximately 400 LF of 12-inch ductile iron gravity wastewater line,
- Approximately 1,200 LF of 12-inch and 1,200 LF of 16-inch cement‑lined ductile iron potable water line, and
- Approximately 2,900 LF of 12-inch ductile iron force main.
- Pipeline work includes five trenchless crossings.
- Abandonment of 200 linear feet (LF) of existing 8-inch ductile iron gravity wastewater line.
Construction of a new wastewater pump station to include:
- Three 1,050 gallons per minute (gpm) submersible pumps, with 100 horsepower (HP) motors and variable frequency drives,
- One 2,100 gpm Dri-Prime back-up pump,
- Pre-cast concrete electrical building (approximately 450 ft2),
- Two pre-cast concrete wetwells (approximately 200 ft2 by 25-foot depth),
- SCADA system integration, and
- Associated yard piping, valves, site civil, electrical and appurtenant Work.
The Work shall be completed in all respects within 330 calendar days from the Contract start date specified in the Notice to Proceed.
Bidding Documents may be examined in Owner’s office, Clayton Operations Center, 653 Highway 42 West, Clayton, NC 27520 or at Engineer’s office, CH2M HILL North Carolina, Inc., 3120 Highwoods Boulevard, Suite 214, Raleigh, NC 27604. Bidding Documents may be obtained from the Engineer’s office upon payment (check or money order made payable to “CH2M HILL”) of $250.00 for each hardcopy set of documents (Specifications and 11‑inch by 17-inch Drawings). Bidding Documents are also available free of charge on compact disc in secured portable document format (PDF). Return of the documents is not required, and amount paid for the documents is nonrefundable.
To obtain Bidding Documents via mail, send requests to the attention of Thomas DeWolfe, telephone: (919) 760-1746, e‑mail: Thomas.DeWolfe@ch2m.com at the office of the Engineer. Include check or money order in the amount noted above, plus $20.00 shipping.
To address technical questions related to the Project, contact the office of the Engineer, attention: Philip Ogden, P.E., telephone: (919) 760-1767 or email: Philip.Ogden@ch2m.com. The office of the Engineer is the only point from which information will be disseminated.
The following plan room services have received sets of Bidding Documents:
Construct Connect; iSQFT; Construction Market Data; McGraw Hill Dodge Company; and Construction Journal.
Each Bid must be submitted on the prescribed Bid Form and accompanied by Bid security as prescribed in the Instructions to Bidders.
The Successful Bidder will be required to furnish the additional bond(s) and insurance prescribed in the Bidding Documents.
In order to perform public work, the Successful Bidder and Subcontractors shall hold such licenses as required by North Carolina Statutes, and federal and local Laws and Regulations. Bidder must submit evidence of license with its Bid. No Bid will be considered without such evidence.
There will be no pre-bid conference. Questions will be accepted up to 5:00 pm on Friday, March 23, 2018.
Bidders shall be required to submit with their Bids affidavits of “Good Faith Efforts” in the recruitment of Minority Businesses. Owner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate. Small, minority and woman-owned businesses and labor surplus area firms are encouraged to submit bids.
This project will be partially funded with Federal funds from the United States Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration and therefore is subject to the Federal laws and regulations associated with that program.
Owner’s right is reserved to reject all Bids or any Bid not conforming to the intent and purpose of the Bidding Documents.
Dated this 16th day of March 2018.
By Town of Clayton