NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
ENGINEER II (MECHANICAL ENGINEER)
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety (DPS) is the largest state agency with 26,000 employees and is responsible for safeguarding and preserving the lives and property of its citizens through prevention, protection, and preparation. We have a mission that matters! The North Carolina Department of Public Safety is seeking an energized and collaborative oriented Engineer II (Mechanical Engineer) to be a part of the Central Engineering team and provide design services and successful delivery of challenging yet rewarding projects. If you desire a financially rewarding career that includes great work / life balance and is coupled with strong state benefits including retirement, health insurance, vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays, please apply today!
This Engineer II (Mechanical Engineer) will provide the Design Services unit with expertise in planning, design, development of system standards, consulting, project management, commissioning and system troubleshooting of major mechanical systems including Life-Safety, HVAC, Plumbing, Gas, and Fire Protection systems for capital projects and renovations of existing facilities within the DPS system. The Mechanical Engineer works closely with other design and construction disciplines in Central Engineering, other DPS Units, other State Agencies and with outside design and construction entities. This position will assist with and prepare plans and drawings for submittal to the State Construction Office for approval under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Supervisor.
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering practices and techniques.
- Working knowledge of and experience in designing new systems or evaluating condition of existing systems in at least ONE or MORE of the following areas: Plumbing, HVAC, Fire Protection, AND/OR Gas systems. (Note: This experience MUST be represented on your application and the duties and responsibilities fully explained.)
- Working knowledge of mechanical AND/OR general AND/OR utility construction.
- Working knowledge of NC building codes AND/OR laws and ordinances related to construction.
- Experience in preparing mechanical plans AND/OR cost estimates.
- Experience in new and existing mechanical systems.
- Five years of experience in mechanical engineering with correctional facilities including design, estimating, procurement and construction.
- Working knowledge of State Construction Office and DPS policies and procedures concerning design, procurement and construction of building mechanical and plumbing systems.
- ADA Physical Requirements will be discussed during the interview.
To apply please go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/2300829/engineer-ii-mechanical-engineer.