Experienced Journeyman (J1) Maintenance Mechanics – Electrical, Instrumentby Shanasa Scott February 20, 2018
IP works for me.
Your future is waiting to be written.
International Paper, a major pulp and paper producer, is seeking its next generation of top Maintenance Mechanics for the Riegelwood, NC Mill. We are looking for dependable women and men with excellent problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills to fill our challenging positions. International Paper offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health care, life insurance, disability income, gainsharing, holidays, vacation, 401K and pension.
Interested applicants should apply on-line at
Between Monday, February 26, 2018 and Sunday, March 11, 2018
Experienced Journeyman (J1) Maintenance Mechanics –
Electrical, Instrument (Must have 3-5 years of
experience as a first class journeyman in chosen craft.)
Rate of Pay – $28.87
Electrical – Must be proficient in15 kV, 5 kV, and 480 Velectrical distribution systems and related equipment; relay based & distributed control systems; programmable logic controllers; lighting systems; AC variable speed drives; be able to troubleshoot all of the above.
Instrument – Must be proficient in Instrument (pressure, temperature, analytical, etc.) calibration, installation & repair; control valves; distributed control systems; programmable logic controllers; combustion control & burner management systems be able to troubleshoot all of the above.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Able to function in a team environment
- Must be able to pass hands on demonstrated skill test and written tests.
- Prefer paper industry or related heavy industrial maintenance/construction experience
PLUS: Must be willing to meet the following requirements:
- Undergo a drug screen for illicit use of drugs as a condition of employment
- Submit to periodic drug screens as a condition of employment
- Willing and capable of working all shifts
- Work overtime with last minute notification
- Work holidays and/or weekends
- Wear required safety equipment
- Operate or work in industrial conditions (i.e. warm/hot, dusty/dirty, around hazardous chemicals, noise, heavy machinery or elevated working surfaces with proper safety training and safety protection)
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/
Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans