Human Services Sunnybrook Air Handling Unit and VAV Boxes Rejuvenationby GDN Job Post August 28, 2018
Sealed proposals will be received by County of Wake in the Procurement Services, Wake County Justice Center, 301 S. McDowell Street, Suite 2900, Raleigh, NC 27601 for providing labor, material and equipment entering into Single Mechanical Prime Contract for the Human Services Sunnybrook Air Handling Unit and VAV Boxes Rejuvenation (RFP/Bid No. 18-091).
Sealed Single Prime bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. on September 25, 2018.
All bids will be publicly opened and read starting at 3:00 p.m.
The general scope is as follows:
- Replace the HVAC control dampers in AHU-1 and AHU-2. This includes the outdoor air damper, relief dampers, supply air dampers, and mixed air dampers.
- Replace VFD’s on supply fan and return fan in AHU-1 and AHU-2.
- Install access door in all VAV boxes and clean interior and exterior of boxes. Verify operation of VAV box damper and hot water control valve. Immediately notify engineer if equipment is not functioning properly.
- All VAV Boxes and air distribution shall be air balanced.
- Reestablish water treatment in hot and chilled water systems. Treat-rite is current water treatment vendor.
- Paint and label all pipework in AHU-1 and AHU-2.
- Upgrade existing Andover DDC control system to Schneider Electric Ecostruxure. Return old controllers to Wake County.
- Replace all the pneumatic actuators with DDC electronic actuators in the 2 air handling units.
- Replace DDC control system in both air handling units.
- Replace the DDC controls in VAV boxes on 3rd Return old controllers to Wake County. Provide new control cable.
A Mandatory Pre-bid Conference will be held at the Human Services Center Sunnybrook located at 10 Sunnybrook Road meet in the Ground Floor Lobby at 11:00 a.m. local prevailing time, on September 12, 2018. All Contractors are to be present.
Complete plans and specifications can be obtained by requesting a PDF electronic set to email@example.com.
Wake County provides minorities and women equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of its construction program consistent with NCGS §143-8. Bidders shall comply with the requirements of the Wake County Minority Business Enterprise Program, as outlined in Section 00900.
No bid may be withdrawn for sixty (60) days after the scheduled closing time for bids.
The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive informalities.
COUNTY OF WAKE
Mark Forestieri, AIA
Facilities Design and Construction
HDM Associates, Inc.
135 Hanbury Road West, Ste. D
Chesapeake, VA 23322