Improvements To College Road Between Gordon Road and Sanders Road In Wilmington New Hanover County STIP Project Nos. U-5881, U-5792, U-5702A, U-5704, U-5702B, U-5790by GDN Job Post June 14, 2018
NCDOT TO HOLD PUBLIC MEETING FOR PROPOSED
IMPROVEMENTS TO COLLEGE ROAD
BETWEEN GORDON ROAD AND SANDERS ROAD
NEW HANOVER COUNTY
STIP Project Nos. U-5881, U-5792, U-5702A, U-5704, U-5702B, U-5790
The N.C. Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting to present information on the projects to improve College Road between Gordon Road and Sanders Road in Wilmington.
The meeting will be held on Thursday, June 28, 2018 at the Burney Center at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, located at the corner of Riegel Road and Price Drive, in Wilmington from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The six projects being presented include:
- U-5881 – Improvements to N.C. 132 (College Road) from Gordon Road (S.R. 2048) to New Centre Drive (S.R. 1272). Alternatives may include additional lanes, possible interchanges at Kings Drive and Ringo Street and minor modifications of the College Road/Market Street interchange.
- U-5792 – N.C. 132 (College Road) and U.S. 74 (Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway) intersection improvements including converting the at-grade intersection to an interchange.
- U-5702A – Access management and travel time improvements along an approximately 2.6 mile section of College Road from New Centre Drive (S.R. 1272) to just south of U.S. 117 (Shipyard Boulevard).
- U-5704 – Mobility improvements at the College Road and Oleander Drive intersection and an approximately 2.0 mile section of College Road from Wilshire Boulevard to U.S. 117 (Shipyard Boulevard). This project may include a proposed interchange at U.S. 76 (Oleander Drive).
- U-5702B – Access management and travel time improvements along an approximately 4.3 mile section of College Road from U.S. 117 (Shipyard Boulevard) to U.S. 421 (Carolina Beach Road).
- U-5790 – Improvements at the N.C. 132 (College Road) and U.S. 421 (Carolina Beach Road) intersection. Alternatives may include grade separated improvements such as a flyover or at-grade intersection modifications.
Interested citizens may attend at any time during the meeting hours. NCDOT representatives will be available to answer questions and receive comments regarding the project. Please note that no formal presentation will be made. All comments received will be taken into consideration as the project progresses.
As information becomes available, it may be viewed online at the NCDOT Public Meeting Website: https://www.ncdot.gov/projects/publicmeetings and on the project website located at https://ncdot.publicinput.com/collegeroad-wilmington.
Anyone desiring additional information may contact Trace Howell, PE, NCDOT, Highway Division 3 Project Manager, at 5501 Barbados Blvd, Castle Hayne, NC 28429, by telephone at (910) 341-2000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments should be submitted by July 27, 2018.
NCDOT will provide auxiliary aids and services under the Americans with Disabilities Act for disabled persons who wish to participate in this meeting. Anyone requiring special services should contact NCDOT Senior Public Involvement Office, Diane Wilson by email at email@example.com or by phone at (919) 707-6073 as early as possible, so that these arrangements can be made.
Persons who speak Spanish and do not speak English, or have a limited ability to read, speak or understand English, may receive interpretive services upon request prior to the meeting by calling 1-800-481-6494.
Aquellas personas que hablan español y no hablan inglés, o tienen limitaciones para leer, hablar o entender inglés, podrían recibir servicios de interpretación si los solicitan antes de la reunión llamando al 1-800-481-6494.