Interior upfit of their new store at 9920A East Independence Blvd, Matthews, NCby GDN Job Post March 20, 2019
INVITATION TO BID
The Mecklenburg County ABC Board invites currently licensed North Carolina General Contractors to submit a turn key proposal for the interior upfit of their new store at 9920A East Independence Blvd, Matthews, NC. This project will be bid informally. Bidding is single prime.
Scope consists of demolition and removal of existing vinyl floor tile and installation of HVAC ductwork and controls, lighting, electrical, fire sprinklers, minor plumbing, data rough-in, new ceilings, some sheetrock and metal stud work, minimal wood blocking, painting, millwork, flooring, new finishes throughout, some doors and frames, minor amount of interior glass and frames. The Owner has recommended SBE minimums which are addressed in information included in the DropBox link provided.
The proposed schedule:
- ADVERTISE FOR BIDDERS: March 20, 2019
- DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE BY DROP BOX: close of business on March 20, 2019
- PREBID CONFERENCE: 1:00 pm, March 25, at the site, 9920A East Independence, Matthews, NC.
- BID PERIOD: From March 20 through midnight March 27 we will entertain questions and issue addenda. Questions must be sent by email. All questions and their responses will be shared with the proposers. Addenda will only be issued in an electronic format and will only be sent to the proposers and Mecklenburg County ABC. Proposers are responsible for distributing any and all addenda to their subs, suppliers, vendors and any other party as they deem appropriate.
- INFORMALLY RECEIVE EMAILED BIDS: Not later than NOON on April 2, 2019. Proposals received after this time may not be considered. Bidders must email electronic copies of the bid form and all other requested accompanying forms simultaneously to:
Bidders Note: Submitting bidders shall call Linda Clements at Fryday & Doyne at 704-372-0001 and confirm Fryday & Doyne has received bid package. (Do not wait until 11:59 am on April 2, 2018 to send in your bid and related paper work.)
- ABC APPROVAL: April 17, 2019 ***
- ISSUE LETTER OF INTENT: April 17, 2019
- CONTRACTOR / OWNER CONTRACT SIGNED: April 22, 2019***
- NOTICE TO PROCEED; April 23, 2019**
- CONTRACTOR STARTS: May 6, 2019 (or sooner)
- CONTRACTOR COMPLETES PROJECT: July 23, 2019+/- (or sooner if possible).
The Mecklenburg County ABC Board and/or CEO reserves the right to reject any or all proposals as they deem appropriate and without consideration.
** Note that we have already submitted these construction documents and they are 100% approved by Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement. Contractor must submit completed building permit application to Meck. County Code Enforcement, pick up and pay for any remaining permit and review fees and commence the project. General Conditions (being sent under separate cover) will explain how to handle these costs.
*** Note that this project is small enough that no Mecklenburg County ABC Board action is necessary to approve this agreement. Assuming acceptable proposals are received, Jason Hughes, CEO is empowered to issue a letter of intent as well as sign the contract to move the project forward.
To access the ABC Matthews – The Crossing Bid documents please use the following link:
Do not call Fryday & Doyne offices with questions; email them to Mike Doyne (email@example.com) and Rob Brooks (firstname.lastname@example.org) for prompt responses. Do not contact any of the engineers directly with questions. Send those questions to Rob Brooks and Mike Doyne via email.
Verbal responses to questions from any team member will be considered as non-binding if not followed up in writing by formal, emailed Addendum.
On behalf of Mecklenburg County ABC Board, we thank you for your time and efforts and we look forward to seeing you at the Pre-bid.