NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
MAINTENANCE/CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER I
$56,046.00 – $100,814.00 Annually
Description of Work
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety, the largest state agency with 26,000 employees, is responsible for safeguarding and preserving the lives and property of its citizens through prevention, protection and preparation. We have a mission that matters!
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety is seeking an energized and collaborative oriented Project Manager to be a part of the Central Engineering team and provide the oversight and delivery of challenging. yet rewarding, projects. If you desire a financially rewarding career that includes great work / life balance and is coupled with strong state benefits including retirement, health insurance, vacation leave, sick leave and paid holidays, please apply today! he Department of Public Safety’s Central Engineering department is searching for an experienced Project Manager in Raleigh, NC. As the successful candidate, you will be an integral part of rewarding work in engineering and construction planning, consultation, inspection, design and construction contract administrative service. A wide spectrum of work is available, including repair and renovation projects and new construction projects. The Project Manager manages the design and construction process with strong emphasis on maintaining the respective projects scope, budget and schedule.
The Project Manager ensures the integration of operating procedures, security requirements and appropriate building systems in the design and construction process to achieve a fully functional facility that satisfies the project program requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
Listed below are the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) associated with this position. These KSA’s, along with the Minimum Education and Experience Requirements listed, are required in order to be deemed “eligible” for the position. Qualified applicants must possess and application must clearly reflect work experience that demonstrates the following:
- Construction Project Management experience.
- Working knowledge of NC Building Codes and Construction Methods.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing, evaluating, inspecting the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability to review construction designs and read/interpret plans and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contract disputes.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate costs.
- Knowledge and experience with computers, including
- Five years of Engineering, and/or Project Management experience for Clients/Owners regarding Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and/or Construction Management.
- Prior experience with State Construction Office Procedures and Guidelines and experience managing Correctional construction projects preferred, but not a requirement.
- Certification through (PMI) Project Management Institute or similar training/certification.
- Licensed as Professional Engineer in the State of North Carolina.
ADA Physical Requirements will be discussed during the interview. Ability to climb ladders for roof inspections, access crawl spaces and utilize step ladders.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Facilities or Construction Management or related Engineering field from an appropriately accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience in construction project management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Necessary Special Qualification May require registration as a professional engineer by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.