Mason Farm Wastewater Treatment Plant Solids Handling Improvementsby GDN Job Post December 18, 2018
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
MASON FARM WASTWATER TREATMENT PLANT SOLIDS HANDLING IMPROVEMENTS
December 20, 2018
Sealed Bids will be received by Orange Water and Sewer Authority from Bidders until 2:00 P.M., local time, on 22nd, January 2019 for CIP Nos. 278-51, Project: Mason Farm Wastewater Treatment Plant Solids Handling Improvements, and 278-82, Project: Mason Farm Wastewater Treatment Plant Headworks Corrosion and Odor Control Improvement in the Administrative Offices, 400 Jones Ferry Road, Carrboro, North Carolina 27510.
The following Bidders have been prequalified to submit Bids for the Project:
- Carolina Civilworks, Inc.
- English Construction Company
- Dellinger, Inc.
- Haren Construction Company, Inc.
- Wharton Smith
- Turner Murphy Company
- Laughlin-Sutton Construction Company
- Gilbert Engineering Company
- State Utility Contractors, Inc.
Only Bidders who have been prequalified may submit Bids on this Contract. Bids received from Bidders who have not been prequalified will be returned unopened.
The Project consists of two phases of work including furnishing all materials, labor, equipment, tools, etc. unless otherwise specified, for the complete and operable installation of:
PHASE A – SOLIDS HANDLING IMPROVEMENTS
- Miscellaneous Demolition
- Installation of three rotary drum thickeners and associated equipment on the upper and lower level of the Solids Handling Building.
- Installation of new two-stage bio-trickling filter/ bio-filter air treatment system for odor control near the Solids Handling Building.
- Replacement of heating, ventilation, and air handling systems for the Solids Handling Building upper level and lower level pump room and related architectural improvements.
- Electrical improvements for power and controls of new equipment.
- Controls integration with plant-wide SCADA network.
PHASE B – HEADWORKS CORROSION AND ODOR CONTROL IMPROVEMENTS
- Miscellaneous demolition.
- Installation of permanent gravity bypass and appurtenances or temporary pumped bypass of plant influent.
- Demolition, replacement, and epoxy coating of concrete wall surfaces in flow diversion box, flume, effluent box, and overflow box.
- Provision and operation of temporary pumped bypass and diversions to accomplish the Work.
Bidders shall attend a mandatory Pre‑Bid Conference at 2:00 P.M., local time, on 9th January 2019 at the Mason Farm Wastewater Treatment Plant, 170 Old Mason Farm Road, Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
To ensure that all Bidders are kept up to date on any Addenda, changes, or information notices, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your intention to prepare a Bid for the Project. Failure to complete this step may render your Bid as non-responsive.