200 W. Fifth Street
Greenville, NC 27858
POLICE OFFICER TRAINEE
Are you interested in a career in law enforcement? Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, the City of Greenville Police Department is searching for men and women just like you.
The City of Greenville Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer Trainee to join its growing rank of law enforcement professionals. As a Police Officer Trainee you will be compensated to attend Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy (BLET) where you will undergo five months of intense physical and educational training designed to prepare you for a career in law enforcement. Upon receipt of certification you will graduate as a certified North Carolina Police Officer with the City of Greenville.
Candidates who successfully complete the selection process and are offered a Trainee position with the City of Greenville and will be paid to go through a 5-month BLET (Basic Law Enforcement Training) academy. The rate of pay for Trainees while attending BLET is $17.08 per hour ($1,366.40/biweekly).
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a high school graduate or have passed the General Educational Development (GED) test
- Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Must be of good moral character with no disqualifying criminal conviction(s)
- Must undergo an extensive background investigation including, but not limited to, polygraph exam, psychological evaluation, medical exam, and drug screen
- Must successfully complete a physical agility test and oral interviews
- Must be available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotating schedule
- Must meet any other minimum employment requirements established by the City of Greenville
Selection process typically is completed within three (3) to five (5) months.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019.
For additional information and to apply online,
please visit our website at www.greenvillenc.gov .
The City of Greenville is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.