200 W. Fifth Street
Greenville, NC 27858
Police Officers and Trainees
Interested in becoming a City of Greenville, NC Police Officer? Now is the perfect opportunity for you to consider doing so because the Greenville Police Department is currently recruiting for certified Police Officers and Trainees to join its growing rank of law enforcement professionals.
Starting annual salary for N.C. Certified Officer (General Certification): $43,451.20
Starting annual salary for trainee with BLET and probationary certification: $37,294.40
Those who are currently enrolled or are planning to enroll in an approved North Carolina Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) program on or before September 1, 2018 are eligible to apply.
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be a high school graduate or have passed the General Educational Development (GED) test
• Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application
• Must be of good moral character with no disqualifying criminal conviction(s)
• Must undergo an extensive background investigation including, but not limited to, polygraph exam, psychological evaluation, medical exam, and drug screen
• Must successfully complete a physical agility test and oral interviews
• Must be available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays on a rotating schedule
• Must meet any other minimum employment requirements established by the City of Greenville
Selection process typically is completed within three (3) to five (5) months.
For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.greenvillenc.gov.
The City of Greenville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.