REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
(RFQ) FOR REHABILITATION OF THE
SECONDARY CLARIFIERS AT THE MASON
FARM WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT
BY ORANGE WATER AND SEWER AUTHORITY
NOVEMBER 22, 2018
DECEMBER 18, 2018 AT 3 PM
Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is soliciting Applications for Bidder Prequalification for the purpose of obtaining qualified contractors and vendors for the rehabilitation of two (2) secondary clarifiers at the Mason Farm Wastewater Treatment Plant, hereinafter called the “Projects.”
Only applicants that have been prequalified in accordance with this RFQ (Request for Qualifications) will be allowed to submit bids for these contracts. A complete copy of the RFQ may be obtained by emailing Simon Lobdell at email@example.com.
The completed application must be delivered to Simon Lobdell, Utilities Engineer, at OWASA, 400 Jones Ferry Road, Carrboro, NC 27510, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 P.M. on December 18, 2018. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
The project will include.
- Removal of the centerwell, rotating arm, rotating mechanism weir and walkway of two (2) 85’ diameter center-feed circular clarifiers.
- The contractor shall fully rehabilitate two (2) Envirex® H-Type center-feed Tow‑Bro® clarifier mechanisms for installation in two (2) existing 85’-0” diameter x 13’ – 1 ¾” SWD basins. The clarifier components are originally
- Evoqua (Envirex®) in design and replacement equipment will require only minor customization of components.
- Replacement of all removed components with Stainless steel of OEM make or better
- Resolve any design issues associated with non-OEM parts at no cost to the owner.
- Perform electrical work directly or with a local contractor to disconnect and reconnect drive power and control
- Perform the clarifier rehab such that only one clarifier is out of service a time.
ORANGE WATER AND SEWER AUTHORITY
Simon Lobdell, Utilities Engineer