ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
ROGERSON DRIVE PUMP STATION REHABILITATION – PH II
ORANGE WATER AND SEWER AUTHORITY
400 JONES FERRY ROAD
CARRBORO, NORTH CAROLINA 27510
February 15, 2018
Sealed Bids will be received by Orange Water and Sewer Authority from Bidders until 2:00 P.M., local time, on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 for the Project: “Rogerson Drive Pump Station Rehabilitation – PH II”, in OWASA’s Administrative Offices, 400 Jones Ferry Road, Carrboro, North Carolina 27510, at which time the Bids received will be opened and read aloud.
Bids will be received for a Lump Sum General Construction Contract. The Contractor and all Subcontractors shall have valid North Carolina General Contractor’s Licenses for the type and value of the work to be performed.
The following Bidders have been prequalified to submit Bids for the Project:
- Carolina Civilworks, Inc.
- Crowder Construction Company
- Dellinger, Inc.
- Haren Construction Company, Inc.
- Bitting Electric, Inc.
- Via Electric Company
- Turner Murphy Company
- Laughlin-Sutton Construction Company
- Gilbert Engineering Company
Only Bidders who have been prequalified may submit Bids on this Contract. Bids received from Bidders who have not been prequalified will be returned unopened.
The Project consists of furnishing all materials, labor, equipment, tools, etc. unless otherwise specified, for the complete and operable installation of:
Restoration and rehabilitation services at the Rogerson Drive Pump Station as described in the Specifications and as shown on the Drawings. The major work items are as follows:
- Demolition of two (2) existing odor control units and associated ductwork and water supply and replacement with two (2) Peacemaker 10×7 dry chemical scrubber units as manufactured by Syneco Systems.
- Demolition and replacement of motor control room ventilation fans, louvers, and heater.
- Demolition and replacement of shop area ventilation fan, louver, and heater.
- Demolition and replacement of dry pit ventilation fan and heater.
- Demolition and replacement of MCC/Switchboard.
- Demolition and replacement of interior lighting.
- Relocation of two (2) existing variable frequency drives.
- Coordinate instrumentation and control changes with equipment and electrical upgrades
- Provide pump station shutdown plan and bypass pumping during MCC/Switchboard replacement
To receive the full advertisement or request copies of the plans and specifications please send an e-mail to: email@example.com indicating your intention to prepare a Bid for the Project.
Bidders will attend a mandatory Pre‑Bid Conference at 10:00 A.M., local time, on Thursday, March 1, 2018 in the OWASA Administrative Offices, 400 Jones Ferry Road, Carrboro, North Carolina 27510. A site visit will immediately follow the Pre-Bid Conference at the Rogerson Drive Pump Station.