THE ORANGE WATER AND SEWER AUTHORITY
WASTEWATER TREATMENT AND BIOSOLIDS RECYCLING MANAGER
The Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA) is a community-owned utility providing the Towns of Chapel Hill and Carrboro and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with high quality and reliable water, wastewater, and reclaimed water services through responsible and creative stewardship of the resources we manage.
Our team seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic leader for OWASA’s award-winning Mason Farm Wastewater Treatment Plant which is currently participating in the national Partnership for Clean Water initiative for optimization and continuous improvement. The Wastewater Treatment and Biosolids Recycling Manager is directly responsible for the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant, laboratory, and Biosolids recycling and reclaimed water programs.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations to include preparing and maintaining a variety of required reports
- Lead OWASA’s 14.5 MGD wastewater treatment plant by providing leadership and developmental coaching to staff
- Ensure performance expectations are met and supervise a staff of 22 employees
- Maintain good relationships with community neighbors and continue strong partnership with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for its reclaimed water program
- Support staff to continue producing Class A exceptional quality Biosolids which is mostly land applied locally by OWASA staff
- Manage operational budget for facility
- Support the mission and strategic direction of the organization
The ideal candidate will be an action-oriented strategic-thinker with exceptional communication and leadership skills. Interpersonal skills are a must as is the ability to lead the team to fulfill the mission and goals of the organization while ensuring safe work practices are followed.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, biology, environmental science or a related field with five to seven years of progressive wastewater operations and supervisory experience. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain the NC Grade IV Biological Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification, NC Land Application Residual Operator Certification and valid NC Driver’s License as required for this position.
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity and inclusion.
Salary range: $82,044 – $126,349
Closing date: March 21, 2018
To complete an application visit www.owasa.org
Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.