Waverly F. Akins Office Building Sprinkler Riser Repair & Testingby GDN Shared Post January 4, 2018
ADVERTISEMENT TO BIDDERS
Sealed proposals will be received by County of Wake in the Procurement Services, Wake County Justice Center, 301 S. McDowell Street, Suite 2900, Raleigh, NC 27601 for providing labor, material and equipment entering into Single Fire Protection Prime Contract for the Waverly F. Akins Office Building Sprinkler Riser Repair & Testing (RFP/Bid No. 18-007).
Sealed Single Prime bids will be received until 2:00 p.m. on January 23, 2018.
All bids will be publicly opened and read starting at 2:00 p.m.
The general scope is as follows:
- Modify the piping to install angle hose valves downstream from each floor control valve for testing, adjusting, and setting the floor control valve.
- Modify the fire pump and jockey pump pressures settings.
- Test, adjust, and set all pressure regulating hose valves.
- Replace standard hose valves with pressure regulating hose valves.
- Replace the vertical drain pipe and the test pipe in both stairwells.
A Mandatory Pre-bid Conference will be held at the Waverly F. Akins Office Building located at 336 S. Fayetteville Street, Raleigh, NC in the 11th Floor Main Conference Room at 3:00 p.m. local prevailing time, on January 16, 2018. All Contractors are to be present.
Complete plans and specifications can be obtained by requesting a PDF electronic set to email@example.com.
Wake County provides minorities and women equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of its construction program consistent with North Carolina Law.
Wake County reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive informalities and irregularities.
Signed: COUNTY OF WAKE
Mark Forestieri, AIA
Director, Facilities Design and Construction
HDM Associates, Inc.
135 Hanbury Road West, Ste. D
Chesapeake, VA 23322
N.C. License No. C-1836