Beyond Brick and Mortar –
July 8 – 13, 2018 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Applicants are invited for the exciting and educational Youth Entrepreneurship Summer Program (YEP). The theme for summer 2018 is “Construction: Beyond Brick and Mortar.”
YEP focuses on middle and high school students and provides them with the opportunity to:
- Explore and leverage talents useful for team building and leadership development;
- Understand basic concepts of entrepreneurship and the economy;
- Meet and interact with entrepreneurs, and construction industry experts;
- Opportunities to engage with college students and university faculty/staff;
- Learn and practice the keys to success through effective study habits;
- Receive information about college preparation, admissions, scholarships and other financial aid;
- Work with a team to create a construction project to enrich the Wilmington community.
YEP is sponsored by the Cameron School of Business at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW) and is designed to nurture students, predominantly from UNCW’s service region, that may possess the potential to be leaders in business and the community. YEP is open to all students regardless of career interest.
Eligible Ages: rising 9th graders and above (9th – 12th grade)
Sunday, 7/8/18: 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm – Required orientation for students and parents.
Monday to Thursday, 7/9 -7/12: 8:30 am – 3:30 PM
Student camp, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIE)
Friday, 7/13/18: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Parents invited to closing Presentation & Award Ceremony
Cost/Application – $99.00 (Program is limited to 30 students)
Open the application here. (If “Submit via Email” button does not work in browser, please download and save before submitting.)
ALL applications are due by June 26. We will contact participants directly via email providing registration forms to students who are accepted. Please note that additional paperwork will be required during orientation.
Program Director: Dr. Cheryl Sutton