Barring a scandal or other bizarre circumstances between now and the vote to confirm Elena Kagan as the Supreme Court Justice to replace John Paul Stevens, one Texas Tech University political science expert says Kagan’s confirmation appears almost a given.
They have glue on their fingers and smiles on their faces; crayons spread before them and kids crowded around them. It’s all part of a day’s work for the Volunteens of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
On the heels of a controversial illegal immigration bill in Arizona, a Pew Hispanic Center report released this week sheds some new light on the effectiveness of immigration efforts, as well as the Hispanic experience in America.
Having health insurance does not mean workers will take advantage of immunizations, cancer screenings and other preventive health services, a new study finds.
“Employment and insurance do not guarantee better health outcomes,” said lead study author M. Courtney Hughes, Ph.D., who led a team of researchers at the University of Washington School of Public Health, in Seattle.
With Justice John Paul Steven, the last Protestant on the Supreme Court, just months away from retirement, the White House says President Obama is considering a more diverse pool of candidates , including whites, blacks and Hispanics – men and women -- to tap for his replacement.
- Civil Rights Leader Benjamin Hooks laid to rest in Memphis
- UC Berkeley’s Annual Real Estate Conference Features Topic-Driven Panels and an Economic Forecast by Keynote Ken Rosen
- Secret Society Mentoring Brings Financial Freedom, Health, Wellness and Happiness to Average Joe
- Success is Not By Accident
- Enduring Images Captured the Conscience of the Nation