Career And Education
A new study from the University of Iowa confirms that workers who feel empowered by their employers have higher morale and are more productive, regardless of their industry, job or even culture. "Empowerment is an effective approach for improving employee attitudes and work behaviors in a broad range of industries, occupations and geographic regions," said lead researcher Scott Seibert, professor of management and organizations in the Tippie College of Business.
Digital Divide: Civil Rights Groups Set Benchmarks to Correct "Vast Disparities in Access" to Broadband
As part of my end of the semester ritual, I routinely invite 10-12 distinguished seniors out for dessert to celebrate their upcoming graduation. These are students, majoring or minoring in women's studies, which I have had the honor of teaching and mentoring over many years. It's my small way of celebrating their accomplishments and introducing talented students to one another.
- NCCU Student Success Symposium
- Negative Classroom Environment Adversely Affects Children's Mental Health
- NBPTS to Launch Webcast Releasing "Student Learning, Student Achievement" Report
- New Hanover County Middle School Students: Outshine at Regional MATHCOUNTS Competition
- Looking at a Tough Hill to Climb? Depends on Your Point of View