Career And Education
After the winter break, transitioning back to school -- and back to good classroom behavior -- can be challenging for students. The WWC offers evidence-based strategies you can use today to prevent and address behavior problems so everyone can enjoy a more productive classroom. Learn how to modify the classroom environment to alter or remove factors that trigger problem behaviors. Strategies include revisiting and reinforcing expectations, modifying the learning space to motivate students, and varying instructional strategies to increase academic success.
Fayetteville, NC -- Fayetteville State University (FSU) announced recently a $35,000 gift from the Tau Gamma Gamma Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. The chapter presented a check to FSU Chancellor James A. Anderson during halftime of the FSU versus Shaw University football game on October 12, 2013.
The following is an introduction by author Craig Steven Wilder to an excerpt from his new book Ebony and Ivy: Race, Slavery and the Troubled History of America's Universities: It is difficult to imagine college campuses as sites for exploring the lives of enslaved people in colonial America; however, early campuses were spaces in which faculty and students routinely interacted with slaves...
- The Language School Publishes English Book for Native Spanish Speakers
- Building Schools Designed to Succeed
- National Book Festival Summer Writing Contest Winners Announced
- ‘Back to School’ Doesn’t Have to Be ‘Back to Broke’ with These Tips
- Black-White Children's Achievement Gap Is Worsened by Unresponsive State Policymakers