ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed Bids for construction of City of Mebane WRRF Improvements, will be received at the Council Chambers of the Glendel Stephenson Municipal Building located at 106 E. Washington Street, Mebane, NC 27302 (Owner), until 10:00 a.m., local time, on the 6th day of July, 2021. Any Bids received after the specified time will not be considered.
Bids will then be publicly opened and read.
The Project contemplated consists of the following major work items at the existing 2.5 mgd WRRF:
- New headworks facility with one mechanical screens, grit chamber, grit pump, grit cyclone and classifier.
- One rotating drum thickener (RDT) located in existing solids building.
- One polymer system for use with the new RDT.
- Sludge aerobic digesters modifications for two digesters. Provide aeration diffusers, and two mixers in each digester.
- Three blowers for aeration of both tanks. Bid proposal shall be based on the Inovair Blowers detailed proposal as specified in Section 44 42 19.06, Aeration Blower System (Preselected). A cost has been negotiated with the manufacturer which shall be used as the basis of the Bidders Cost.
- Modification to three secondary clarifiers consisting of new Stamford effluent baffles, and energy dissipating inlets for each clarifier.
- Influent flowmeter monitoring flow from the headworks in a vault.
- Architectural for a new electrical building and patching for the thickener building.
The Work will be completed in all respects within 550 calendar days from the date when the Contract Times commence to run.
Bidding Documents may be examined in City Engineer’s Office, located at the Glendel Stephenson Municipal Building located at 106 E. Washington Street, Mebane, NC, 27302, or at Engineer’s office, Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc., 111 Corning Road, Suite 200, Cary, NC 27518. Bidding Documents may be obtained from the Project Engineer’s office upon payment (check or money order only) of $250 for each set of documents, unless otherwise noted (Specifications and 11-inch by 17-inch Drawings). Return of the documents is not required, and amount paid for the documents is nonrefundable.
To obtain Bidding Documents via mail, send requests to the attention of Mr. Thomas DeWolfe, telephone: 704-941-1966, e‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org at the office of the Engineer. Include check or money order in the amount noted above.
The following plan room services have received sets of Bidding Documents for the Work contemplated herein:
McGraw Hill Dodge Company; Construction Market Data, Construct Connect; and Construction Journal.
Each Bid must be submitted on the prescribed Bid Form and accompanied by Bid security as prescribed in the Instructions to Bidders.
The Successful Bidder will be required to furnish the additional bond(s) and insurance prescribed in the Bidding Documents.
In order to perform public work, the Successful Bidder and Subcontractors shall hold such licenses as required by North Carolina Statutes, and federal and local Laws and Regulations. Bidder must submit evidence of license with its Bid. No Bid will be considered without such evidence.
For information concerning the proposed Work, contact the office of the Engineer, attention: Philip Ogden, P.E., telephone: 919-859-5872 or email Philip.email@example.com . The office of the Engineer is the only point from which information will be disseminated.
For an appointment to visit the Site, contact Mr. Franz Holt, City Engineer; telephone: 336-213-0316 or Mr. Dennis Hodge, Director of the WRRF, telephone: 919-563-6141.
Attendance at a pre-bid conference will not be a mandatory requirement of submitting a Bid for this Project. The pre-bid conference will be offered both in person and virtually. Contact Philip Ogden at the above email address for an invitation for virtual attendance. Refer to Instructions to Bidders for additional information.
Bidders shall be required to submit with their Bids affidavits of “Good Faith Efforts” in the recruitment of Minority Businesses. Owner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate. Small, minority and woman-owned businesses and labor surplus area firms are encouraged to submit bids.
Owner’s right is reserved to reject all Bids or any Bid not conforming to the intent and purpose of the Bidding Documents.
Dated this 3rd day of June, 2021.
City of Mebane
By Chris Rollins