INVITATION TO BID
Sealed proposals will be received until 10:00 a.m. February 9, 2022, in the Cumberland County Schools’ Plant Operations Center, 810 Gillespie Street, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud for the Eastover-Central Elementary School Renovation. The scope of work consists of replacement of the existing windows in the classrooms, replacement of twenty-one (21) existing window air conditioning units in kind, and replacement of existing window air conditioning units serving Kindergarten Building with air-cooled split system units. Included as an Alternate is the replacement of four (4) existing air-cooled split system units in kind serving the Gymnasium Building.
A Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will be held at 10:00 a.m. on January 12, 2022. Contractors interested in bidding shall meet at Eastover-Central Elementary School, 5174 Dunn Road, Eastover, North Carolina 28312 (910) 483-8997. Beginning on January 12, 2022, Bidding Documents may be obtained by visiting www.moseleyarchitects.com .
Bid Bond is required. Certain MBE guidelines must be followed.
Single prime bids will be accepted in accordance with G.S. 143-128.
Requirements for bidding this project are as follows:
- Three references from previously satisfied commercial customers.
- Furnish NC License Number (G.S. Chapter 87 establishes licensing requirements for general, plumbing, heating, electrical, and refrigeration contractors for construction projects costing $30,000 or more).
- Insurance – The Contractor shall provide, as required by law, insurance for his employees. The Cumberland County Schools assumes no liability for injuries or accidents related to the Contractual Agreement. The Contractor shall furnish a certificate to the Owner (Cumberland County Schools) as a Proof of Coverage. The Contractor shall maintain and pay the Insurance Coverage, which shall not be less than the following:
- A. Workman’s Compensation
Owner/Officer must be included in coverage
B. General Liability (per person/per occurrence):
1. Bodily and Personal Liability
2. Property Damage
C. Automobile Liability (per person/per occurrence)
1. Bodily Injury
2. Property Damage:
D. Builder’s Risk or Installation Floater
E. Excess Liability Coverage of
- Recruitment of minority business participation in accordance with G.S. 143-128.
The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all proposals.
Planning and Construction Coordinator
Cumberland County Board of Education
PO Box 2357
Fayetteville, NC 28302