Your future is waiting to be written
International Paper, a major pulp and paper producer is seeking its next generation of top operators for the Riegelwood Mill. We are looking for dependable women and men with excellent problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills to fill our challenging positions. Our mill needs hourly production workers (Utility – Hire In) at an average post probationary rate of $16.51. Competitive pay and benefits with the opportunity to advance to wages in excess of $35.25/hour. International Paper offers a competitive benefit package including family medical and dental, life insurance, short-term disability, paid holidays and vacation time, retirement and 401K savings plan.
Interested applicants must apply at www.internationalpaper.com for the Riegelwood Mill Production Laborer position between Friday, September 3rd, 2021 thru Sunday, September 12th, 2021.
Job duties start out including but not limited to any of the following: Provide cleanup using industrial water hose, shovel, chip fork, wheelbarrow. Clean out tanks, boilers and deaerators. Move bags of chemicals, coiled rope, hoses, etc, (weight up to 50 pounds). Operate powered sweeper, lift trucks, other powered machines. Assist machine crews when needed. Assist operators in opening and closing valves. Train to double set-up in lines of progression for sickness, vacation, and other employee absences. Perform all duties as requested by supervision.
All jobs will work a rotating 12 HOUR shift schedule in a 24/7 operations. Every 28-day cycle will be as follows:
4 straight days of “day” shift (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) 7 days off
4 straight days of “night” shift (6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.) 3 days off
3 straight days of “day” shift (6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) 1 day off
3 straight days of “night” shift (6:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.) 3 days off
Will be required to change shifts and work off days if necessary.
- Minimum high school graduate, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible for employment in the U.S.
- Must be willing to meet the following requirements:
- Undergo a drug screen for illicit use of drugs as a condition of employment
- Submit to periodic drug screens as a condition of employment
- Work any shift and/or a rotating shift schedule
- Work overtime on a regular basis and with last minute notification
- Work holidays and/or weekends on a regular basis
- Wear required safety equipment
- Operate or work in industrial conditions (may be warm/hot, dusty/dirty, around hazardous chemicals, noise, heavy machinery or elevated working surfaces (with proper safety training and safety protection).
- Successful completion of New Hire Integration (NHI) Orientation and subsequently the Probationary period after
“Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Individuals