Rolling Out the Red Carpet For African American Women, and Building Something Massive Togetherby GDN Shared Post May 11, 2017
The Black Girl Powerhouse campaign is the brainchild of national best-selling author and successful entrepreneur, Brenda Hampton. The resort-style commercial property is designed as a meeting place for black women seeking support for their businesses, for networking opportunities, to attend empowering and motivational seminars, and for entertainment and relaxation.
The Powerhouse is a breathtaking, gated estate which will be located on the outskirts of St. Charles, Missouri. The 12,000 sq. ft. upscale structure will be available to members who join the BG Powerhouse club. Based on the design for the Powerhouse, the interior will include portraits of African American women achievers who are considered trailblazing legends. Some of these individuals include: Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou, Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan, Mary Jackson, Hattie McDaniel, Henrietta Lacks, Angela Davis, Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Serena Williams, Whitney Houston, Catherine L. Hughes and many more.
There will be a gift shop and a bookstore that includes the literary works of mostly African American women writers. A chef’s kitchen will be included, along with a wine/bar area and a great room where our members can meet and greet. The estate will boast four spacious meeting rooms for weekly scheduled events.
Events may revolve around politics, educational seminars, health and wealth, beauty tips . . . and motivational speaking that will inspire and benefit Powerhouse members in every way possible. Also included in this immaculate estate will be a movie theater, concession area, spa, art gallery and a Powerhouse Women Wall of Fame. Outdoors will include numerous lounging areas, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, an area for concerts, rental tents for weddings and parties, sports courts and a miniature golf course.
The focus and goal is to provide a support system for women, to build morale, to educate members and encourage them to stand in solidarity on issues that are important to them. By including fun activities, Hampton hopes to make BG Powerhouse members have an unrivaled experience they will want to partake in multiple times throughout the year.
Weekend events will center around:
* Politics, where politicians will be invited to visit for discussions about our government and suggest things we can do to improve our communities.
* Successful entrepreneurs who can share information relating to starting a business.
* Fitness coaches who can steer members in the right direction with diet and health.
* Financial planners who can share tips on wealth building and economic empowerment.
* Mental health counselors who can address issues relating to depression.
* Realtors who can share how to own a home or benefit from flipping houses.
* Fashion experts and makeup specialists who can share beauty tips and show members how to dress to impress.
* Historians who can share vital information about the African American culture.
From cooking tips and techniques… to learning how to write a book, the Powerhouse will have it all. Learn more about the campaign and Hampton’s vision at www.blackgirlpowerhouse.com.